Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Commercials

Kids are funny with what they pick up from TV. Mine are no exception. They watch mostly PBS and Disney Channel or some DVDs from the library. I never have the TV on during the day for me. Not because I am that granola...but because I seriously don't have time to watch it. It's not part of my routine, which isn't a bad thing. I joke with Kurt that unless it pops up on the MSN home page or people are chatting about it on facebook, I really don't know what is going on in the world until 10 or 11pm at night when we watch the news. Occasionally before dinner I will turn on the news, but usually that is if the kids are playing somewhere else. So, they do see and watch regular TV on occasion. Which would explain a few things. Yesterday while I was unloading the dishwasher, Jimmy came over to me and asked me "Do you have credit card debt?" I had to ask him to repeat it, because I thought that can't be what he said. He did. I laughed and said no, but asked him what if we did, are we supposed to do something? He then went on about some 3year old gibberish nonsense. Then today he asked me why I didn't use Oxy Clean Max. Apparently he is worried that the Oxy Clean that we use needs a little boost. Julia told me the other day when I was doing laundry that they have these great balls for the dryer that are good for months and you get 2 when you order now. Both kids can also tell you all of the uses for Pillow Pets (you can take it to Grandma's with your PJs inside). WTF???? It's like marketers can't get it right. I can't tell you verbatim about all of these products, but a 3 and 5 year old can. Perhaps all products are marketed to them so they can market to their parents? Anyway, as annoying as it is, I think it is cute in a sick way.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I can relate. I was using the flat iron on my hair the other day when Will comes walking into the bathroom. He proceeded to lecture me for the next 2 minutes about the ways that flat irons do damage to your hair and then recommended that I buy some product he had seen on T.V. that "doesn't hurt your hair". He also reminded me that I have to be 18 to order!