Sunday, May 8, 2011

Circumstancial Friends

I always find things strange this time of year, as the kid's classes and activities start to come to a close. All year long, I am busy taking the kids from this activity or to school or whatever. Along the way, you meet different people and some become friends of circumstance. It's funny, I see many of these people more than I see my own extended family and you chat for the hour while you are waiting for the kids to finish up skating or get out of class. The kids become friends and as a result the moms often do too. But as the activities and classes come to a close, often those mommy friendships do too. Not always, but more often than not. While I have kept in contact with a small group of these ladies, there are so many that I haven't. It isn't like I am depressed about it, but now that I have been in the mommy circuit for a few years....I know that it is inevitable. Although on the flip side, these moms always pop up somewhere down the road...or on Facebook and then you can pick right back up where you left off.

No comments: