Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crazy Week.

So if you're living under a rock, you haven't heard of the swine flu yet. For the past few weeks, it has been all over the news with maps of which states have been hit and how many confirmed cases there have been. There have been several deaths, but for the most part I think that it was a slow news week. Well, when the media hypes something, people get nervous. They thought that a high school student had contracted the virus and they in turn closed the schools for 2 days this week. They cleaned and disinfected things, but still - it was a little nuts. I had to call my mom (who is a nurse) to make sure that I wasn't under-reacting. I just made sure that the kids washed their hands a little more vigilantly. Anyway...the closure of the schools made the dress rehearsal of Julia's dance recital a little crazy, but things worked out and we're hoping that all goes well for the big event this Friday. I am pretty excited to see my little girl dancing. I just hope she dances and doesn't cry like she did at rehearsal. It was a little overwhelming for her. She did look cute though.

Due to the relocation of Sunday's dress rehearsal, there is a run thru tonight of the recital. I want Julia to go to get a feel for the place, so she doesn't lose it on Friday night. But tonight is also the first night of soccer for Julia. She can't miss the first day of soccer and Kurt is a coach, so it will be interesting. Did I mention that neither I or Kurt have ever played soccer in our lives? Again, should be interesting. So, our plan today is to go to the run through, hope she goes before we have to leave for soccer and then go to soccer and then come back for the rest of the run through. Ahh, is this what happens when the kids get older? She's 4. God help us. Somewhere in there, we have to eat dinner.

Anyway...looking forward to the evening when it is all over and we've checked that box.

No comments: