Sunday, May 10, 2009

Field Trip on the Farm





Julia has had a ton of field trips this year. In fact, I think that there were a tad too many for my taste, but she didn't complain, so it's been good I guess. The last field trip of the year was to this farm that is located in the middle of suburbia. It's kind of funny actually, there is this farm situated in the middle of all of these subdivisions and schoolkids all over the area come to "experience" farm life. Complete with the constant reminders to use the purell after touching the animals. I think it all is kind of comical, growing up on a farm myself and going to school in a more rural area. The experience is in no way the same as what I experienced as a kid. I am pretty sure that I washed my hands when they were covered in dirt, but not because I touched a cat, horse or chicken. We have been to this farm before and Julia doesn't really like it. She is a city girl. She doesn't like the "smell" or the animals. I actually had to make her ride the horse. Perhaps she was being a primadonna, seeing as she has her "own" horse and doesn't need to ride a community horse. Who knows?




All she wanted to do was play on the playground they have there. She loved the merry go round. I am sure if you ask her what her favorite part of the farm was, she'd tell you that she loved playing with her friends

No comments: