Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another World...

We are visiting Kurt's brother and family for Thanksgiving. It started out on Friday around 4:30pm, Kurt, the kids and mom in the Taurus X (nicer word for station wagon). It continued for the next 13 hours. We made it without an incident. The kids mostly slept, but we did not. I made it until the last hour of the drive and I had to put my head down. i couldn't take it anymore. Anyway, we are all here, enjoying our time with our family we don't see enough. Julia is loving playing with her cousins and their friends who seem to come by all the time. They are all her new "best" friends. She is definitely going to have to go to cousin rehab when we get back...she won't know what to do with herself. Jimmy is loving playing with Pudge and all of Uncle Jimmy's matchbox cars. What he is not loving is sleeping in the pack and play. He still sleeps in a crib at home, which poses a problem on trips. He can't sleep in a regular bed yet, because he hasn't yet. He is quite comfortable in his crib at home and I am in no rush to move him. Although he takes up the entire length of the pack and play and I think he hates it. He ends up in our bed every night at some point.

It's been nice relaxing and not having the stresses of home to have to deal with (school , housework, Christmas shopping, etc). I didn't even turn on the computer until today. It was actually nice. I have read 2 books so far, several magazines. Gosh, what bliss that was. I love to read so much.

I also took the dog for a long run-walk on Sunday. He loved it and I loved being out in the nice weather. It was about 45 or 50. I had a great workout. I was wondering why I barely saw anyone. It was like 10am. Where was everyone? Then I was remembering that everyone in this part of the country goes to church on Sundays and that is where they were all at. I felt like such an outcast. But I was near God for sure...enjoying his creation and taking care of my temple for Him. Church is a state of mind...not a place.

No comments: