Sunday, November 2, 2008

Julia Turns 4!

I seriously can't believe that Julia is 4 now. It seems just like yesterday when I woke Kurt up and told him that we needed to go to the hospital. Just like yesterday when I was in the OR on lots of pain meds, searching all the masked faces looking for Kurt, not knowing what the journey we were about to take would be like. Well, four years have flown by and she is becoming this very funny, thoughtful, smart little girl. I am so proud of her and how wonderful a little girl she is.

We had a great day, just relaxing and letting the kids play. Julia and I went shopping and found a Wonder Woman costume, which she has been wanting so she can play with the neighbor boys when they are other members of Justice League. She was quite pleased with herself today when she came home and put the outfit on. She ran through a few poses and demonstrated how Wonder Woman moves buildings by pushing on the wall. She is so funny.
Per Julia's request for the past 6 months, I made her a doll cake for her birthday. At the grocery store we go to, they have this fancy Barbie Bride cake and every time we are there, we have to walk over by the bakery to look at it. This was my version of it and I think it turned out pretty nice, Julia was pretty excited when she saw it.

Happy Birthday Julia...


Julia got a kick out of the doll from the cake that didn't have legs.

All in all, it was a very happy birthday. I told her that I don't want her to ever get any bigger...her response was that she will always get bigger. I know, but I want to just bottle her up right now, while she is still sweet, tells me she loves me and thanks me for taking her with me to Target. I wonder how it will be in 10 years. Will she still be as sweet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia is just too precious in these videos! I love the one of her coming down the stairs and seeing her birthday surprises!

Danielle