Sunday, August 10, 2008

The County Fair...

We had a great time at the county fair on Thursday night. Of course, I forgot my camera, to capture all the great moments. Oh well. Maybe this will teach me to learn how to get pictures off my cell phone.

The kids loved the exhibit building where people enter random items for random categories. Some of Julia's favorites were the Camoflage Barbie Outfit and the decorated cakes. She showed me which one she wants for her birthday. Perhaps I can recreate it. Of course it had a doll in it. Jimmy loved the little scenes of farms with the little tractors, houses and cars (go figure). I enjoyed looking at all the rotting produce that probably looked good on Saturday night when they brought it in, but by Thursday night, wasn't looking so hot.

Jimmy really had a great time seeing all the animals. He was facinated by a peeing cow. Julia was sort of not into the animals. But I think she was looking for her cousin Olivia and the rides. I guess she is a city girl. She was much better once she saw Olivia, Aunt Libby & Uncle Travis.

We ate a menagerie of fair favorites and the kids did really good at eating. Sometimes they are too distracted to eat when there is so much going on. My dinner consisted of Fiske fries (the best ever), Boy Scout Onion Rings, a bite of a corn dog and a bite of a Boy Scout Hamburger and a bite of pizza. I love fair food. I didn't realize until we left that I didn't pig out. Ugh.

The kids rode some rides. Jimmy had his first carousel ride and loved it (probably because Kurt passed him over the barricade and he rode for free). Julia is truly fearless and rode this giant firetruck that went in circles like a mini Ferris wheel all by herself. When it started to sprinkle, we ran to the cars and left.

I was pretty bummed to only see one couple making out in the food area and really didn't see too many freaky people. Kurt still found a few to mention. I think he'll be back.

No comments: