Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why Me?

Last night I made potato soup and put the peelings very slowly down the garbage disposal. I know better. My drain is all clogged up now. I have done an in-depth analysis on the problem, removing the pipes and determining that it is in the big pipe, I've snaked it and done all I can. It still drains slow. Ugh. Kurt's at work and he's little use to me over the phone. My fingers are raw from cranking on the pipes. I give up. Either Kurt fixes it later or the handyman comes tomorrow to fix it. Meanwhile, the kids are still in their PJs, we've missed a playdate and now they are running around screaming upstairs. These are the days when I wish I was somewhere else.

On the upside...we're going to the fair tonight in my hometown. I am looking forward to having a bucket of fries (Travis said they have this new pail of fries...as if the fat people need more fat). We're going to meet Lib, Trav and Olivia there. It will be fun. When Lib and I were kids, we used to take our horses down there with our 4H club (The Rainbow Riders) and hang out down there all week with the other farm kids. Going to the fair was one of my favorite things of summer as a kid. Kurt has never been to the fair, so this will be a treat. He already has a negative view on things from my hometown...this will make it even more jaded. The fair really brings out the best people in the area...you wonder where they hide out the rest of the year. Tune in, I am sure that we'll have some photos and some stories to tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you weren't typing on this blog, maybe the kids would be out of their pj's. also, maybe you can see if there is a blog about how to use a garbage disposal, since this is the 4th time you have jacked it up.

Kate said...

Perhaps I should just stop cooking or better yet save all my kitchen garbage for the compost bin. Won't that be fun?

Hmm...anonymous sounds an awful lot like my husband????

Anonymous said...

That couldn't be Kurt....