Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pump it Girl!

Julia loves to swing. She is always begging me to push her. It's not that I don't like to do it, i just get bored standing there. I think at one point when she was little and in the baby swing, i'd sit in a chair and push it, so I could read my magazine. It's probably because I am not that mom that is all excited and googoogaagaa over the fact that my kid can sit on a swing. Anyway, this summer i have really stressed to her that she needs to pump on her own. She knows what to do, but doesn't do it. I push her a couple of times and then she's on her own. She always ends up just swinging her feet in the grass.

Well, tonight just after Jimmy got nailed by the swing by the neighbor girl (it was like a stunt from a movie...he just walked right into her swinging and he was leveled) and i was trying to calm him down...I looked over and noticed that she was pumping and getting somewhere. She was so proud of herself! And so was I. Now if I could get the little guy to stop walking into the swingers, we'd be all set.

No comments: