Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Faith in Humanity is Restored!

Today was the last day of Music in the Park...another sad reminder that summer is coming to an end. We always park by this Mexican restaurant and Julia loves Mexican food (I think she wants to be Mexican). Every time we go to Music in the Park, Julia asks if we can eat there. We usually bring a picnic lunch, but today I told her yes. She was so excited. We order our food to go and the girl is ringing us up and the credit card machine is not working. She tries another card, thinking that will do the trick. Nope. I guess their machine is on the fritz. I have only $6 (which is alot for me). I ask her if I can come back after Music in the Park is over and bring her some cash from the ATM and she says "Yes, no problem." No, leave your diamond for ransom, no keep your ID...nothing. She just trusted that I'd come back to pay my bill. Well, I am sure that part of it was that I looked trustworthy, but still...you just don't see that faith in humanity anymore. Everyone is out to take advantage of someone and trusting strangers is not common. Kudos to this restaurant. Although it was their issue, still the fact that they were so accommodating and let us take our food and come back was just fantastic.

Just a photo of my "blonde" kids enjoying some great music and friends at the park. Summer has been fun for us, leaving my kids kissed by the sun (even though they wear SPF 30/50).


1 comment:

Beth said...

I like your blog too, it inspires me to do more with mine. Your kids are looking so much older since I saw them - adorable too! Maybe we'll have to do another get together before the summer comes to an end - zoo, cider mill (maybe next month). :)