Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Super Sweet Sixteen

I was flipping channels this morning and Julia caught a glimpse of MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen. If you haven't ever watched this show, you should. Now, I wouldn't schedule my day around it, but if it's on, I'll watch it. Basically, these spoiled, rich little 15 year olds get their parents to throw them an all out party for their 16th bday. These parties are always way cooler than pretty much any wedding I've been to, complete with a fancy car in the end. It's so outrageous. Which is probably why I like it. I really didn't know anyone that had a Sweet Sixteen party in high school or anyone that got a super sweet ride when they turned 16 (I take that back, one of my friend's got a Mustang), but for the most part the highlight of our 16th bday was getting our license and going out to dinner at the Red Lobster.

Anyway, Julia was sitting playing and looked up at it and asked me if this was a "Real Princess Show" - I told her sort of and we watched the end of it. It wasn't a racy one like some of them are, so I thought that it was appropriate. She loved watching them dance, the cake, all the girls in their gowns. It was almost better than walking through Macy's Formal Dress section (which is usually the highlight of any mall trip for her). She is such a girly girl. I am so lucky. Now, I have an "excuse" to watch My Super Sweet Sixteen.

1 comment:

Libby said...

I swear if you throw her one these parties - I will boycot!

I can already see it - Julia begging her dad - and he says "NO" (mostly because he's sensable) and then she goes to you and you say "of course - you're only 16 once"! And then Kurt gives you the evil eye for giving in! :)

Can't wait!