Saturday, September 6, 2008

We're Already Not Cool

Last night we went to a high school football game. Kurt's cousin's son is a starter for the team and it's fun to watch someone you know. Plus, he has to be the most polite young man I have met in ages. There is just something about a crisp fall night, sitting in a stadium, watching a football game that brings back great memories. Kurt played football in high school and I was a cheerleader. I would have to say that Friday nights were probably my best memories of high school. I am sure that Kurt would say the same.

We sat down right behind the pompom squad and right where Julia could watch the cheerleaders. It was so cute. After half time and the pompom squad came back to their spots, Julia wanted to sit down by them. I could see her, so I let her go. She thought that she was the coolest little kid. She was imitating the cheerleaders and smiling up at the other pompom girls (who thought she was "so cute"). Anyway, Kurt tried to give her some pizza and she told him to "Go Away" - he's already uncool. Kurt kept trying to mess with her, but she kept giving him the hand. It was pretty cute. At least we still have Jimmy...he was totally into the atmosphere and yelling and clapping when everyone else was.

No comments: