Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friday School anyone?

So, today in our little community, they have music in the park for the kids, so we packed a picnic lunch, took some musical instruments and headed over to the park. I think we are the only people that walk anywhere these days. I see a few people on bikes, but not that many moms and kids walking...everyone drives. Come on, save the earth and a buck on gas and walk your butt to the park. One of the things i like best about our walks are the very random conversations that I have with Julia. The stroller that I have she faces me and Jimmy faces out. Jimmy ohs and ahs about all the big trucks (his favorites are semis, delivery trucks and anything yellow).

Today's random discussion was about church. Kurt and i have not been the best church goers in the past year. There is no real valid excuse, because I have lots of friends that manage to go every week. We were good about going up until Jimmy got bigger and the napping issue sort of got in the way. I suppose we could go solo, but I like to go to church as a family and Julia likes to go. In the fall, Julia will be able to attend Sunday School during the 10am Mass. We are signing her up and putting Jimmy in the nursery, so we can actually go to Church on a regular basis. Here is our conversation:

Kate: Do you want to go to Sunday School next year at our church?
Julia: Yes, but will I still be able to go to Big Kid Pre-school?
Kate: Sure, you'll go to Big Kid Pre-school and Sunday School.
Julia: Will I be going to Friday School too?

No comments: