Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heaven

So, today as Julia and I are having breakfast, I tell her that it is my Grandma J's birthday, who is Grammie's Mom. Here is the rest of our conversation:
Julia: "I don't know her"
Mom: "She lives in Heaven with Tiko & Grandpa."
Julia: "Oh, the angels took her?"
Mom: "Yeah, they took her to live with God."
Julia: "I think they should come back. Next time we are in an airplane we should go get them."

Ahh - if it was that simple my little girl. She really has been asking lots of questions about our old dog (who has been gone for 2 years now) and really is gunning for him to come back or to get another dog (who we should also name Tiko). I don't want to scare her about death, so far she seems to be okay with the Heaven part. Although, I wish I could see the world through her eyes and really think that our loved ones could come back. So much has changed in my life since my Grandparents and Kurt's dad have passed. I'd love to just see their faces when they are looking down at us, seeing how our lives have turned out, how we have these 2 beautiful kids and a pretty great life. I miss them. I wonder how things would be if they were still around. My kids have so many wonderful people in their life that love them, that they don't even know what they are missing by not knowing these fantastic people...but I do.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Great story Kate. You are a wonderful blogger.

Libby said...

I agree....