Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Can we make it to our 60th Anniversary?

On June 27th, my grandparents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary. A few days later Cindy and Diane coordinated a lovely affair at same place where they had their wedding reception. It was even in the same room! It was a dessert reception, complete with a chocolate fountain, which I couldn't get enough of (marshmallows are my downfall). There were lots of friends and family to shower them with well wishes and the much coveted card. I have found that the "older generation" just loves their cards. It is a tangible reminder that they are loved by so many.

But the whole thing got me thinking...will Kurt and I live long enough to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary together? I sure hope so! We were technically "older" when we were married at 28 & 32. That will put us at a ripe 88 and 92 - I think we can do it!


The Granddaughters and GreatGrand Kids with Grandpa and Grandma
Our Family
Kurt, Dad, Travis
Kate, Cindy, Lib,
Jimmy, Julia & Olivia

My Grammie (third from left) with her friends. I am in the background talking to a lady who thought that my dad was my husband. Either my dad looks very young or her eyesight was really bad. There was no alcohol served either!
The whole Clan



No comments: