Friday, July 25, 2008

Just Julia & Me

Julia and I haven't been out on our own much this summer, we seem to always have that boy with us to bring us down. Well, tonight after dinner, Julia and I hopped on my bike and went to the Library. It was nice to look for books and movies with Julia and not deal with Jimmy wanting out of the stroller so he can rip books off the shelves. After the library, we went to a concert in the park. Julia was pretty excited about going to the Adults Music in the Park. We found a great spot away from the Sinking Sun (as Julia put it) and took in the smooth sounds of Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darrin and Dean Martin. Some of my favorite music. The singer was really good and it was great background music to watch Julia play. She makes friends so easily, within a minute, she was playing hopscotch with 3 little girls with a big smile on her face. After 5 minutes they were taking pictures together with their arms around each other! Every so often she'd look for me and wave or give me a thumbs up sign. She is so cute. I hope that she always is able to make friends this easily and when she's in new situations adapt so well. On our ride home, she told me that she wanted to come next week, but with Daddy. I think we can do that, Daddy needs to experience what I did tonight.

No comments: