Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh Canada...

Nothing says Independence Day like getting out of the Good ole USA and heading to Canada to spend some quality time with the Italian side of the family. As always, it was a relaxing time spent catching up with everyone and of course eating. We scored a pan of lasagne to take back with us, since Grandma made 2 of them...along with the scores of other food that was there. I have learned many things about this family over the years, but first and foremost - whatever occasion it is - Grandma will bring a lasagne. Whenever you pick her up to bring her somewhere, she always has a lasagne all wrapped up, pipping hot from the oven in a paper bag ready to go. Did I mention that she is 92? Good thing the customs agent didn't ask us about it, because I am sure it would have been confiscated and in his belly in 10 minutes. Hot or Cold.


Kurt relaxed, enjoying his last days of vacationJimmy playing in the water
Julia, our Little Mermaid
The Kids testing out Auntie Michelle's Early Bday Gift
Auntie Michelle showing Jimmy how to kick
Jeff & Kurt out Kayaking...
My personal favorite is this precious video of Michelle and her new kayak...they were having a little difficulty getting along. This video is after several other attempts. I know I told Kurt that I wouldn't put it on, but it's just too funny. We all laugh, but none of us would be that brave to even kayak...much less keep trying to get back on with a shore full of people yelling and clapping. We love you Michelle. Hope you are not too bruised (skin and ego).

1 comment:

Libby said...

I love your last comment on the video "I'm not going to put this on there". :) Nice!