Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Thoughts for the Day

I am in a good mood today, despite almost getting run over by a middle aged woman in a jeep as the kids and I were trying to cross the street today. Ugh...we were on our way to the post office and she turns right into us, we have the right of way and the white walker. Whatever. She just didn't want to wait for us to cross the street. Even the man waiting at the light threw his hands up at her. We get to the post office and who is in there...crazy middle aged lady. I almost said something to her, but then thought that an altercation in a government building would not be the best idea. Plus, what role model would I be for Julia when I am calling her a crazy bitc$?

I love egg salad sandwiches. My mom used to make them all the time for us and I used to eat them in the high school cafeteria (that is a little sketchy in itself). I had one for lunch today and it was fantastic. The eggs were still warm and the bread was fresh. It was the perfect combination. Kurt and the kids do not like egg salad or hard boiled eggs. I am mad that Kurt's genes have steam rolled mine and influenced them once again. Oh well..more for me.

The Tigers have traded Pudge for some Kyle Farnsworth guy. I never was a huge Pudge fan. He was a good player, don't get me wrong - he just wasn't my Tiger. Lib on the other hand was in love with him until she heard him speak in his broken English. The loss of Pudge gives my Tiger a full time job and that makes me happy. Brandon Inge has been my Tiger since 2000. Back in the day when the Tigers were awful (ie 2000-2004), we attended alot of Tiger games. To pass the time I'd notice things that didn't pertain to the actual game. One of these was Inge's jumbo tron photo. He sort of looked retarded (i know that isn't PC). So whenever I'd noticed that he was up to bat, I'd say to myself or just to Kurt "How retarded he looked" and sure enough he'd often get a base hit. Our relationship took a new level this year though when he became my boyfriend. It's not all that serious, because we are both married and have families. But I saw a cute Tshirt in February that said "who's your boyfriend? I've got mine" and in a little baseball is #15 Inge. It's cute. Kurt told me not to get it, because he'd get traded. Well, one day I ended up getting it, because i really liked it (and i always get what I want). I was worried for my new beau...would he be depressed because he's been bumped around alot on the field this season? I sure hope he knows I still cared. Well, Pudge gets traded and now my boyfriend is the #1 catcher. Good for him. I am afraid now that he's #1, there will be more band wagon hottie fans that will bump me from #1 girlfriend status. Oh well...at least our seats are right behind home plate so i will see him more often.

2 comments:

Maria W. said...

So was it wheat bread? haha

Libby said...

Adios Pudge! I guess I have to find a new Tiger....preferably one who speaks English! Or just give up on my Tiger men and go back after my old Yankee, Jeeter! :)