Monday, July 28, 2008

Walk of Shame..

It is no secret that I multi-task to the nth degree. Most moms do. I don't care if you stay home or work outside the home. It is just a fact that you will usually be doing several things at once and half the time these several things are in a state of disarray as you tend to the little fires that pop up along the way. Today was no exception. I felt on top of my game today...I was doing laundry, emptying the dishwasher, dressing kids, picking up breakfast stuff and getting stuff ready for our morning gym trip. I thought I was doing so well. We got to the gym, kids were excited to be there to play with all the kids and I was happy to see a class that I wanted to try would coincide nicely with my cardio plans for the morning. Class was good, I felt the burn, hopped in the shower after, plenty of time left to get dressed and pick up kiddos before the 2 hour limit was up. Ahh - it was all so perfect...but alas it was not meant to be....



I FORGOT TO PACK A BRA! Not that i am a bodacious babe, but I generally don't go in public without a bra. It's just something my mom instilled in me and I like the girls to be a little more propped up. Normally, I'd go with the flow and not worry. But my thin white tank top was not going to be able to hide the fact that I was "out there." Ugh, I know how it all happened and I am ashamed to admit that my multi-tasking got the better of me.



This is the Stay-at-home Mom Walk of Shame....down the LONG hallway where all the tweens sit waiting to see their little tween girlfriends in their Hannah Montana Tshirts. Then to pass by all the moms watching their kids during swim lessons, then trying to get through the 3 generations of non-English speaking family (I need to learn excuse me if about 10 languages), pass by the college age gym workers and finally to pick up the kids at the child center run by a grandma. Then the LONG walk to the car. Ugh. There was total judging going on the entire way. I hope that I don't see my picture forwarded on from one of Kurt's friends that always seems to have humorous pictures of people in bad situations.



The day can only get better from here.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

That was a great story Kate!!! I can totally see that happening to you. I bet hopping in the front seat of your car never felt so good.