Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Miss Manners

I have always had a thing for kids with good manners. I was brought up to always say please and thank you, address adults as Mr and Mrs and was taught table manners at a young age. My children are no different. I have been told by teachers, parents and random strangers how well behaved my kids are and what nice manners Julia has for her age. I am not saying she's always perfect. She has her days where she's sassy or acts like a brat, but for the most part, she's very polite and a good little girl.

Case in Point: Yesterday at the library, Julia was selecting a few movies and couldn't find a "princess" movie. She thought of all the letters they could be under and the librarian shelving books nearby found a few for her, each time she gave her a new one, she excitedly said "Oh Thank you!" I was nearby looking for a book, so she was by herself. I was so proud of her for saying "thank you" without being prompted and not in front of me. We must be doing something right over here.

No comments: