Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Was I Really Fat?

I have lost about 30 pounds. After being pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 4 years, I figured it was about time to get into shape and get rid of the flab. It was gradual over the winter, but I picked up some momentum this spring and it is pretty noticeable. Kurt also lost about 10 pounds, probably because I removed some of our carb loaded, cheese drenched favorites from our rotation. Really it hasn't been that much of a lifestyle change for us, we're just eating a little bit healthier, exercising more and watching our portion sizes.

The people that have known me for a long time (pre-kids) give me a compliment and it's nice to hear. I weigh what I weighed when we got married, about 10 pounds more than I weighed in high school...not bad. But it's the people that have always known me as a "mom" that can't get over how "skinny" I am. This cracks me up, because I would never in a million years describe me as skinny (Have you seen my butt?). They go on and on about how thin I am and wonder what I did. It sort of takes me a back a little and I wonder, what did they think of me before. Was I that ginormous? I thought that I looked pretty good given the circumstances of the past 4 years. Anyway, a compliment is a compliment and I should take it as that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes you were..now put that donut down and get to the gym.

Kate said...

i have a feeling that anonymous happens to be my dear sweet husband who's happy to have the girl he married back. If only I cleaned like i used to...it'd be Xanadu.