Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Commune

I know I have said it before, but I love my neighborhood. We often have impromptu dinners together. Sometimes one of us cooks everything, sometimes it is a smorgasbord of what we were going to make anyway, sometimes it is a clean out the fridge leftover night. Regardless of what we are eating, it's nice to just get together and let the kids eat and the adults talk. Tonight Ellen and I decided a dinner was in order since both Tim & Kurt were gone and I had already planned on cooking anyway. We decided to invite the new neighbor, Debbie, and her girls too since her husband was gone too. We could not have had a nicer time. We all had a nice chat and checked out what they've done to the house since they've moved in. Ellen & I in turn showed off our lived in homes. Meanwhile, the kids were playing nicely. Julia is just loving having some girls to play with. It's just nice to have great people who are like family living in my backyard (literally). I never had this kind of thing growing up with neighbors and even in our other homes...i guess I didn't know what I was missing.

No comments: